Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Big No No's for Mold
Mold can be dangerous and when a mold problem arises, there are somethings you must not do or else the mold will just spread.
- DO NOT use bleach to kill mold. The bleach will only change the color of the mold to a clear and/or white shade. By doing that, you are allowing the mold to keep growing. It might take care of your mold problem at first, but you will see that mold again in a few months time. And if not wearing the proper PPE, you could inhale bleach fumes and airborne mold spores. And that is very dangerous
- The use of mold-killing paint is not a good idea either. Just like using bleach, it my seem like a quick fix, but covering it with paint does not kill the mold. In fact, it just covers it and the mold continues to grow under the paint. Eventually, the mold will be visible again and you are back to square one. During that whole time, you are still breathing the air where the mold spores are still present.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (864) 576-2430
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of North Spartanburg County for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of North Spartanburg County has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Boiling Springs
- Arcadia Heights