Flooded Basement in Spartanburg County
This flooded basement was caused by a recent storm.
A water main break caused this basement in Spartanburg, SC to flood. This before picture shows the mess left behind after all water had receded.
SERVPRO of South Spartanburg County was called in to clean up the aftermath! The owner was thrilled she said "This basement never looked this good in the 24 years I've owned this Property". If you are dealing with the aftermath of a water main break or a busted pipe, we are here to help. Let our local professionally certified team make it "Like it never even happened."
What To Do When Dealing With The Aftermath Of Storm Damage
Have you or someone you know been affected by all these afternoon storms this summer? SERVPRO of North and South Spartanburg County specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained, and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Being locally owned and operated means we are right around the corner, and able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. Why is it important to respond to an emergency quickly you ask?
- Lessens the damage
- Limits further damage
- Reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit Spartanburg County, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,700 Franchises locations across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
SERVPRO of Spartanburg is on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Whether you have an emergency or in need of general cleaning, we will be faster to any sized disaster with the training and resources to handle damages ranging from single family homes to skyrise building structures.
Have Storm or Flood Damage?
Call Us Today 864.576.2430
Smoke & Soot Cleanup
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of South Spartanburg County will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today
Restoring Your Spartanburg Commercial Property After A Water Damage Event
Commercial Water Damage Events Present Unique Challenges
Flooding and water damage events at Spartanburg commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of North Spartanburg
SERVPRO of North Spartanburg specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Our Highly Trained Restoration Specialists can restore your Spartanburg Home
SERVPRO of North Spartanburg is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
• Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
• Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
• Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
• Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
• Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
About SERVPRO of North Spartanburg
SERVPRO of North Spartanburg specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Check Out Our Residential Carpet Cleaning Special!
Leon Cleaning Carpet "Like it Never Even Happened"
Have you incurred water or other liquids soaking up your carpet? Do you have unsightly stains that haunt you or embarrass you when you have company over? Or do you just want to enhance your spring cleaning efforts? Well, we have great news: SERVPRO of North Spartanburg County has just the solution for you!
We have a current special running where our highly skilled, experienced production crew will come out and clean your carpets (3 rooms and 1 hallway) for just $115! That's right; in just a couple of hours, your carpet can look brand new again. When you take advantage of this great deal, you'll thank yourself for trusting our cleaning specialists with your carpet. Just look at the difference in this photo! Leon, as well as the rest of our crew, pays close attention to details and makes sure that the job is done in the most efficient and satisfactory way possible.
If you would like one of our outstanding crew members to come revive your carpet, call us today to set up an appointment! (864) 576-2430
Questions to Ask When Your Business Incurs Disaster
SERVPRO: Here to Help
As a business owner and or employee, you obviously have a lot on your plate at any given time; whether it's finances, day-to-day operations, logistics, coworker relations, or anything within the realm of running a business. The list is exhaustive and the world around us often molds our businesses and how we operate.
At SERVPRO, we would like to get those gears churning today to get you thinking about the side no one ever wants to face...the side we are talking about is the inevitable fact that eventually, something inside of the well-oiled machine that is your business will experience failure and cause a big mess. Either that or a natural disaster will strike, whether it be a storm or some other type of unforeseeable act of nature.
With that said, here are a few questions you may want to ask yourself to help you in mitigating/preparing for such occurrences, as well as how to be proactive and prepared in the event that disaster strikes.
1. "Do we have an emergency plan outlined?" This is something every business should have, regardless of what it is you do. Disaster does not discriminate, and when it strikes, you need to have a plan mapped out for who to call, where emergency exits are located, and how to properly evacuate the building of any persons inside, if applicable.
2. "If something were to happen, how long could we go without operating before we start to see significant loss in revenues/production/etc.?" Make sure you are aware of how much time lost you can incur before you start to see significant loss in your day-to-day operations. Make sure you have plenty of money and or inventory saved up in case the restoration process takes a while to get your operations back to full capacity. (Just keep in mind, SERVPRO is available 24/7 for emergency services, so if you need your operations back up and running ASAP, we can be there to start the restoration process within 24 hours or less.)
3. "What will happen in regards to my contents if they are affected?" Here at SERVPRO, we are dedicated to giving our best effort to save as many of your contents as possible. If it has any chance of being salvaged, we will work tirelessly to save your contents so you don't have to file it with your insurance company.
4. "How can I ensure that I am mitigating to the best of my abilities to avoid disaster?" Routine maintenance is always a good choice; looking to make sure your facilities and machinery are running properly is never a bad idea. Constant cleaning and making sure items stay where they belong and not somewhere that could be potentially hazardous is a simple and effective step. Another way to stay sharp is to simply educate yourself. SERVPRO offers Continuing Education (CE) courses on aspects such as fire, water, smoke, and mold damage. These courses are both engaging and informative, which will enlighten you on what to look for in terms of mitigation as well as what to do when disaster strikes, in terms of restoration.
5. "What do we do after emergency personnel leave? What now?" This is where SERVPRO comes into play! If you have any sort of damage from a disaster, do not hesitate to call us. Our mission is to serve you and give our best effort to make it "like it never even happened." As stated above, we are available 24/7 for emergencies, just one phone call away from having the help you deserve and need.
Tips for a great 2018 for our friends in Spartanburg County
SERVPRO of North & South Spartanburg wants you to start the New Year off right by taking some steps to help insure a safe and happy 2018. Here are some tips that may help!
- Do not wait for daylight savings time to check your smoke detector. All smoke detectors have a manufacturing date on them. If that date over 10 years old, replace it! Also if your home has gas or oil heat it is a good idea to invest in a carbon monoxide detector.
- What was learned with the Gatlinburg fire is that there is not always time to gather things when an evacuation is required. Keep a prepacked bag handy with some cash, changes of clothes, medications, copies of important documents, etc.
- Have your family practice fire drills to make sure everyone knows how to escape, what to do and where to meet should a fire occur.
- If you are travelling and will be away for several days, please be sure to turn off the water so you do not come home to any surprises. Also, lower your thermostat but do not turn off the heat if there is a chance of freezing temperatures.
- If you are using rubber hoses for the water supply to your washing machine, they need to be replaced every 5 years. Consider using steel braided hoses as they are much more durable than rubber ones.
- Periodically check the water supply lines on ice makers and dish washers for signs of wear and replace when needed.
- Keep a properly rated fire extinguisher in your kitchen and be sure to have them checked periodically by a professional.
- Make sure you know where the critical shutoffs are in your home for main power, water and gas if applicable.
SERVPRO of North & South Spartanburg wishes you a wonderful and prosperous 2018!!
Flooding and Water Emergencies in Spartanburg
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of North Spartanburg County arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – 864-576-2430
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of North & South Spartanburg County
SERVPRO of North Spartanburg County specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property
When Storms or Floods hit Spartanburg County, SERVPRO is ready!!
SERVPRO of North and South Spartanburg County specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit Spartanburg County, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
SERVPRO of Spartanburg is on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Whether it is an emergency or a general cleaning, give us a call!!
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today 864.576.2430